Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Zoya Naturel Deux Collection

The one thing I've learned about procrastinating is that when you finally get around to doing what you're already late on, unexpected obstacles always show up. I was going to have this post up on Saturday, but we had a wind storm, and it knocked out our power. When the electricity returned on Sunday, the internet did not. Everything finally got back to normal Monday night, so I'm finally able to get this post up. Better late than never. :)


I'm generally not a huge fan of neutrals. You guys know I love my intense and bright shades. But when I saw the Zoya Naturel Deux Collection, something about this set of six colors grabbed my attention, so I wanted to share them with you.

Spencer
Spencer is a light caramel brown with a creme finish. I think this would look beautiful on someone else, but on me, it blends into my coloring a little too much. I would have loved it if there were more contrast. I used two coats for the swatches.

Chanelle
Chanelle is a medium milk-chocolate brown with a creme finish. This is a great brown color, not too warm or cool. I used two coats for the swatches.

Emilia
Emilia is a dark muddy brown with a creme finish. This is a very chic shade, although on my skintone, it could have benefited from being just a smidgen warmer. I used two coats for the swatches.

Madeline
Madeline is a muted rose with a creme finish. There's definitely a vintage feel to this pink. I used two coats for the swatches.

Aubrey
Aubrey is a medium mauve with a creme finish. This is my favorite from the collection! I find it interesting and elegant while still being understated. I used two coats for the swatches.

Marnie
Marnie is a dark warm berry with a creme finish. I used two coats for the swatches.

Overall, I like the variety of this neutral collection; there's something for everyone here. The formulas are consistent across the six shades, all being pigmented, smooth, and easy to apply. My favorite is definitely Aubrey! I find it sophisticated and think it's just perfect for this time of the year.

Let me know what you think of this collection. Which ones did you pick up?

You can find the Naturel Deux shades on Zoya.com for $9 for each 0.5 fl oz bottle.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

31 comments:

  1. Nice neutral collection this is. There so wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madeline and Aubrey are my picks.
    You wrote:
    You guys know I love my intense and bright shades.
    I'm exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe brights are awesome, but it's nice to have a few pretty neutrals around to break it up. :D

      Delete
  3. I also like Aubrey the best. I don't like Spencer on your coloring either. As always, I love to see your swatches because our skin tone is the same, so I know how it would look on me. No on Spencer, yes on Aubrey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks, I'm glad you found this useful, Sherri! :D

      Delete
  4. Aubrey is also my favourite of the bunch! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aubrey and Marnie look as if they were made for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think so too, in particular Aubrey. :)

      Delete
  6. These are all very pretty, though I think Marnie is the only one I'd personally wear. The others would look great on someone with a darker, warmer skin tone, but I'm too pale and a bit lobstery for some of these shades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neutrals do bring out the lobster in my hands too, but the berry shades weren't too bad. :)

      Delete
  7. I like Madeline and Aubrey best and I'd love to see these on someone with a darker skin, bet they all look perfect then! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. The berry colors would probably look good on anyone. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm not a big fan of browns and they just don't look good on me. I do like Aubrey though. I love your photos, you really show the polishes off well :-) Good to see you back, hope everything is okay now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I'm glad I was finally able to get this post done after so much delay hehe. :) Aubrey is very flattering on me, and I think it's so for most skintones. :D

      Delete
  9. Haha I think you are definitely right. Glad everything is up and running now though. I think I like Marnie best from this collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a power outage to make me appreciate modern luxury like heat and connectivity hehe. :) I'm glad you like Marnie!

      Delete
  10. Power outages are great as long as you don't have anywhere to go or anything better to do, lol...

    I feel like this collection is slightly less wearable than Naturel 1, possibly because it's more brown tones than rosy tones. It's still one of the best collections of the year, imo, and I've found myself surprisingly drawn to Spencer. Aubrey is absolutely gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You wear muted colors so well :)
    Aubrey is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel the same, nude colors doesn't look great on me so not a big fan! But what a gorgeous collection! Think Aubrey looks the prettiest on you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chanelle and Marnie are my favorites! They look so good! And is Chanelle lighter than China Glaze's Mahogany Magic?
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Madeline and Aubrey best on you. Hey, those would be my picks for myself! :D I'm with Liesl in that I think this is less wearable than Naturel, due to the utter brown-ness of it all. I like brown in small doses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice swatches as always. I like Madeline (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty neutral collection but I wouldn't wear to much of this shades. Neutras shades I like beige and purple neutrals :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know what you mean about procrastinating! I feel like since I’ve kind of fallen out of the habit of blogging it’s been really hard to get back into it and make it part of my schedule again.

    I’m not really a huge fan of neutrals either but I may pick up Madeline. I’ve been wanting a dusty rose color like that for job interviews and similar situations but haven’t found one that looks good against my skin tone yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have beautiful nails and take great pictures! And I've got to say these colours are gorgeous! I usually prefer my bright colours but these are something special xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a nice collection! I love nudes & neutrals mostly because they are ideal color bases for colorful nai art. and you made a very nice presantation of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The collection looks really awsome, I like Emilia and Marnie the most :)
    Ugh, it sucks when you're out of electricity and internet but at least you're save and sound. ^3^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very beautiful colors!!! Madeline and Audrey are my favs!!! =)

    http://nailartsdaflavinha.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...