Monday, June 25, 2012

Essie Cascade Cool

Hello hello and happy Monday, everyone! Just four more days until the weekend teehee! :D

As I was writing this, my husband came over and promised to take me to my favorite restaurant for dinner as soon as I finish this post, so I am writing this up in a jiffy! ;-)

Essie came out with their summer collection earlier this month. It is a series of six cheerful colors, and I have been excited to try them out ever since I saw the collection preview. I have three of the six colors to share with you. Today, I'll start off with Cascade Cool. It is a light, carnation pink that leans to the cool side of the pink spectrum.







You can see that this pink is quite cool. In certain lightings, it even takes on a slightly lilac hue. It also has a muted and dusty quality to the pink, so that it looks soft—though not quite pastel—when it is on the nails. Essie describes this color as frosty and shimmery, but I could not see any shimmer at all. To my eyes, it looks to be a creme finish. The first coat can be a little streaky, but it evens out nicely on the second coat. The formula is smooth and easy to apply, without any issues of pooling, lumping or dragging.

Looking through my collection, I see a few similar shades. Zoya Shelby is the closest I have, with Cascade Cool being two shades lighter and a bit cooler than Shelby. Although this isn't the most original shade, it is a pretty pink for the summer and worth getting if you don't have a similar shade already. :-)

You can find Cascade Cool on Essie.com, at your local nail salons and drug stores, and at big name retailers like Target and Macy's for $8 for 0.46 oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

20 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet and gorgeous color for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty pink. Haven't tried Essie yet, But The other day I say it selling here already. I may pick up one next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, I'm glad you like color! My very first polish was Essie, and I'm a big fan of them! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. That color is really cute! I love that kind of baby pink leaning to lilac, and it looks amazing on you! I hope you had a great time with hubby in that restaurant you like so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I had a great time! We went to this Chinese restaurant, and every time I eat the food there, it brings me back to my childhood when I used to live in China. I ate too much, as I do every time I go there. :D

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. This is such a pretty pink! The coolness of it is quite unique as it veers into slightly purple territory. The finish is so gloriously shiny as well. Hope you and your husband have a wonderful dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the color! :-) Yes, we had a lovely dinner. We went to this Chinese restaurant, and the food there just brings me back to my childhood when I used to live in China. I'm already planning when I can go back there again lol! :D

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. Lovely! I keep seeing this shade all over the blogosphere and it's convinced me that I need it :P I've never seen such a cool-toned pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely a very cool-tone pink! Very lovely! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. Um yup that is definitely a pink polish! HAHA~ Hope you had a good dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. teehee! :P Yes, we had a great dinner! We went to this Chinese restaurant that I love because the food is so authentic and it just brings me back to my childhood. It's about the best I can do without living in China itself. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...