Monday, September 24, 2012

OPI Pink of Hearts 2012 Swatches and Review


Today, I have OPI's Pink of Hearts 2012 Collection to share with you guys. This limited edition collection is released by OPI to raise awareness and funds during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. More information about the collection and the cause can be found here. This collection contains a pair of polishes in the colors I Think In Pink and You Glitter Be Good To Me. 






I Think In Pink is a light, soft bubblegum pink with a creme finish. The formula is thin and even, and it goes onto the nails smoothly without any application issues. Two coats was still a little sheer, so I ended up doing three coats for the swatches. 






You Glitter Be Good To Me is a glitter polish made up of small, round, light pink reflective glitters and larger hexagon-shaped purple glitters. Since its base is sheer, I applied it over I Think In Pink for the swatches. During application, the small glitters are easy to place. For the larger glitter pieces, you have to remember to dab where you want them and then gently smooth out the polish so that the pieces will stay in place.

Overall, this is a cute collection for a wonderful cause. I'll definitely be wearing this frequently in the month of October to show my support for Breast Cancer Awareness.

You can find Pink Of Hearts 2012 for a limited time at your local nail salons and beauty stores for $14.95 for the pack of two polishes.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

21 comments:

  1. Usually I am not a pink girly kinda girl but I must say this looks real pretty on you. Classy and elegant and so not childish!
    I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing it's for a cause I am willing to support, because I am no fan of those colors. The pink alone looks great on you though, but it might be too girly girl for my taste. I think those colors on longer nails are just a no go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I understand. Yes, it's definitely a great cause, and maybe you can use the colors for art instead of for the whole nail. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. Aww, I love this combination together! So pretty. And I love a good bubblegum pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I was thinking I'd get one of the Orly BCA bar glitters, but I like that this comes with underpinings, too. And oddly, because I love pink, I don't have a creme this color in my stash. Lovely swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I love pink too, and I didn't have a creme of that color either. Thanks, I'm glad you like them! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. The glitter in this collection is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww they look so sweet and suit you so well, love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, I think so too! Pink is my favorite color. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. so pretty on you! i want this pair,so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this set of polishes! They are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous colours, and for a great cause as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...