Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Butter London Brick Lane Collection

Hi, you guys! Hope you're having a great week! The weather here has been mercifully cool for the last few days. After the heatwaves we had, it's wonderful to have this refreshing change, even if it's just for a few days. It's so cool that I even got to wear pants! :D


Today, I've got the new six-piece Butter London Brick Lane Collection to share with you. This collection is an interesting mix of colors, finishes, and textures, so it feels like there's something for everyone. They come in a set with all six colors in 0.2 fl oz fashion sizes (which is what I am showing you), of which two are exclusive to this set.


Brick Lane
Brick Lane, the namesake of the collection, is a burnt brick orange scattered with fine gold shimmers. The formula is smooth and easy to apply, and I used two coats for the swatches. Though the shimmers are noticeable, they are on the more understated side.

Bric-A-Brac
Bric-A-Brac is a deep red with a squishy, jelly-like finish and tons of gold and brown shimmers. This polish is supremely stunning and a fav of mine from the collection! It's one of those rich fall reds that always feels so sophisticated and sexy to me. It also has that "glow from within" quality, probably due to all those prominent chunkier-than-usual shimmers. I used two coats for the swatches.

Cor Blimey
Cor Blimey is a dark purple with shimmers that dries to a matte satin finish. I always love this type of finish and find it so pretty and interesting. The finish does somewhat hide the shimmers and make them more subtle, though they still contribute depth to the color. I used two coats for the swatches.

Dubs
Dubs is a pinkish neutral texture polish with tons of small silver shimmers sprinkled with larger silver glitter pieces. This is Butter London's first texture polish that I've run across, and they did a beautiful job. This is so sparkly and sophisticated, and another fav of mine from the collection! I used two coats for the swatches.

East End
East End, one of the exclusive colors to this set, is a mustard yellow with a creme finish. It dries to a matte satin finish, slightly darker on the nails than what you see in the bottle. It was still a little streaky at two coats (typical for yellows), so I used three coats for the swatches.

Chocka
Chocka, one of the exclusive colors to this set, is a very dark eggplant purple that borders on black with subtle shimmers and a metallic finish. This purple is so dark that unless you look closely, it will probably come across as black. I used two coats for the swatches.

Overall, I think this is an interesting and unique collection, and love all the varied finishes and colors. They all have wonderful formulas, as is typical for Butter London. They are smooth and easy to apply (though the smaller brushes on the fashion sizes do require a few more strokes to cover the whole nail) and build up coverage nicely. My favorites are Bric-A-Brac for its amazing glowy-ness and Dubs because I can't pass up a pretty texture. :)

What do you think of this collection? Which ones (or the whole set) will you be picking up for yourself?

You can find the Brick Lane shades on butterlondon.com and at select retailers such as Nordstrom and Ulta for $45 for the set of six 0.2 fl oz bottles, or $15 for each individual 0.4 fl oz bottle.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

39 comments:

  1. From my promo email I really liked Cor Blimey but now it's totally Dubs. Texture has become my foolproof go-to when I need a quick manicure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I totally didn't realize Dubs was so pretty from the promo pictures either. But once I had it on and saw that it's a texture, I was hooked. :)

      Delete
  2. Bric-A-Brac is really beautiful - nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I particularly love Bric-A-Brac too. It's a stunning fall red. :)

      Delete
  3. I only don't like Brick Lane very much and I already have something eerily similar to Dubs (Rimmel Space Dust Aurora). Others are gorgeous, gorgeous and I'd love to take them home with me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're a fan of the colors! I think this collection has a few standout shades for sure. :)

      Delete
  4. This is a really pretty collection, I love how unique it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a great mix of colors and finishes. I'm glad you like it! :D

      Delete
  5. What a nice collection! I really like Bric-A-Brac, Cor Blimey and Dubs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you like the collection! Those three are definitely beautiful. Bric-A-Brac is the most beautiful fall red I've seen in a while. :)

      Delete
  6. These look great! My favorite is Dubs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Dubs too. I can never pass up a sparkly texture, and it's great to see Butter London offer texture polishes at last. :)

      Delete
  7. I love each of these but for some one who used to be afraid of red polish I am loving the look of Bric-A-Brac and I think it looks so pretty on your nails! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really wow-ed by Bric-A-Brac too. I love red, but since red polish is so common, it's not often that one comes along that surprises me. It's definitely a stunner. :)

      Delete
  8. This collection is so beautiful. I must say that Butter London always releases the best collections in terms of cohesion; all of the polishes look wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like this collection! Yep, it's interesting that BL managed to get so many different shades and finishes, and tie them all together into a common theme. :)

      Delete
  9. Usually I don't care for fall collections, but this one is great. Brick Lane is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you're liking this fall collection! Fall isn't my favorite polish season either because I think the colors tend to be dark and dreary, but this collection certainly isn't, and I love it. :)

      Delete
  10. Hmm I think this collection is ok. I like that there are different colors and textures but overall I'm just not blown away. Though Bric-A-Brac is indeed very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like Bric-A-Brac, at least. It really blew me away... such a beautiful rich fall red. :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Yun - holy polish!!!! What a stunner of a collection, I love them all, I hope I can get my hands on that set because each of them is just gorgeous!!! If I would have to pick one though it would be Bric-A-Brac or that purple satin number. As always excellent review and beautiful pictures <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, I'm glad you're loving this collection. I think the red's just amazing for a sexy fall color. And the finish on the purple is fantastic... I just love the look of satins and mattes. I hope this collection makes its way to where you are. <3

      Delete
  12. Hard to choose, what a wonderful collection! I think the red one caught my eye, what a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the red's fantastic too! I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  13. My favorites are dubs and bric-a-brac too! I loooove dubs it's just so cute and girly... love the way the texture looks! I'm not really liking any of the other colors but I usually am not really a fan of typical fall colors... I like lighter/more vibrant colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand that. I'm not usually a fan of falls colors either because they are too dark and dreary for me, which is why I really love this collection. The different shades and textures are interesting enough to hold my attention. :)

      Delete
  14. I loved all the dark shades on the collection that is Chocka and Cor Blimey (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad those two appeal to you! I especially like Cor Blimey... that deep purple plus the satin finish is just an awesome combination. :)

      Delete
  15. What a wonderful collection Yun! I like most of them but for sure can't afford to get the whole collection, so if I had to choose only one, that'd be Brick Lane, it looks totally stunning on your pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're liking the collection, Natalia! Brick Lane's so interesting... it makes me think of crunchy leaves and spiced pumpkin lattes. Hmm... I can't wait for fall. :)

      Delete
  16. Ahh, the fashion sized set is all the new shades! Awesome! LOVING Dubs and Bric-a Brac best, though that finish on Cor Blimey is gorgeous. (We all seem to be on the same page with those three, lol). So is this the fall collection, then? I get so darned confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those three are awesome-possum! I'm not sure either. I guess it's the fall collection because they look to be possible fall colors and it's right around the time that fall collections are appearing. But BL never officially calls it a fall collection from what I can find. :)

      Delete
  17. Bric-A-Brac is gorgeous! Dubs looks a lot like the Zoya textured Pixies that have been out for spring and summer. Interesting to see BL finally jump on that trend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That red is fantastic! I can't wait to wear it once the weather gets a little cooler. I'm always happy to see more texture polishes, so I'm really happy BL is finally coming out with those. Hopefully we'll get to see more textures from them in the future. :)

      Delete
  18. The second one is my favourite. Recently tried Butter London polishes they are pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That red's amazing! Yep, I love BL... they have some really fun and unique colors. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...