Saturday, October 4, 2014

OPI Nordic Collection - Fall 2014

Hi there, gentle readers! Thank you so much for all the kind words. <3 We've been doing all right. We're slowly replacing all the essentials we lost, though that's been a bit slow because last month has been insanely busy. I've bought another camera, and I'm borrowing a laptop, so I'm able to finally make progress again with blogging. :) It's really wonderful to be back. I've missed you guys.


Today, I've got the 12-piece OPI Nordic Collection for Fall 2014 to share with you. I was pretty excited when I heard of this collection. I love the idea of all things Nordic, and my one visit to a Nordic location (Stockholm a few years ago) was filled with incredible memories. Also, this is the first year in a long while that I've been this eager for fall and everything that it brings. Just thinking about the cold nights and snuggling in warm sweaters fill me with joy. Ok, onto the collection...


Going My Way Or Norway?
Going My Way Or Norway? is a light caramel brown with a creme finish. I still have my tan from the summer, so the color blends in and looks quite neutral and a little muted on me. I used two coats for the swatches.

Ice-Bergers & Fries
Ice-Bergers & Fries is a medium chocolate brown with a creme finish. Brown is a particularly on-trend color this season, and this is a nice version of it. I used two coats for the swatches.

Can't Afjörd Not To
Can't Afjörd Not To is a bright, peachy, orange-coral with a creme finish. I love how bright and happy this color is. I used two coats for the swatches.

OPI With a Nice Finn-ish
OPI With a Nice Finn-ish is a coppery gold with a shimmery metallic finish. It's a pretty gold with lots of warmth, and is not too yellow. I used two coats for the swatches. There are some brush strokes during application, but if you're careful and go lightly, they mostly disappear once dried. I know metallics aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I adore this color. I think it's absolutely stunning for fall. :)

My Dogsled Is a Hybrid
My Dogsled Is a Hybrid is a slightly muted medium teal-green with a creme finish. It's a wintry sort of shade, and is very pretty and chic on the nails. I used two coats for the swatches.

Suzi Has a Swede Tooth
Suzi Has a Swede Tooth is a medium pink with a creme finish. A charming pink, though not altogether original. There's just a hint of dustiness to this that prevents it from being too bright. I used two coats for the swatches.

How Great Is Your Dane?
How Great Is Your Dane? is a dark muddy brown with a creme finish. This is one of those colors that I always think looks chic on others, but I can never bring myself to wear because it reminds me of mud haha. I used two coats for the swatches.

Thank Glogg It's Friday!
Thank Glogg It's Friday! is a deep berry/wine shade with subtle pink shimmers. The shimmers are more obvious in the bottle. Once on the nails, they may be mostly hidden depending on the lighting. I used two coats for the swatches.

Do You Have This Color In Stock-holm?
Do You Have This Color In Stock-holm? is a dark grape purple with a creme finish. It's a nice clean purple that—even though it's dark—isn't muted, which I really like. I used two coats for the swatches.

Skating On Thin Ice-land
Skating On Thin Ice-land is a dark vampy plum purple with a creme finish. I used two coats for the swatches.

Viking In a Vinter Vonderland
Viking In a Vinter Vonderland is a dark eggplant purple with a creme finish. This is quite dark. It probably looks black most of the time, unless you look really closely or you are under bright sunlight. This whole collection has been filled with pun names, and this name is my favorite haha. I used two coats for the swatches.

My Voice Is a Little Norse
My Voice Is a Little Norse is filled with small holographic glitters that flash like the rainbow when the light hits them. It's fairly dense, so application is easy. I have one coat of this over Viking In a Vinter Vonderland. This is a great glitter, so fun and sparkly. Definitely a favorite of mine from the collection.

Overall, this set of colors is fairly typical for the OPI fall geographic collection, with lots of neutrals and darks. There were a few pops of colors and sparkles in the set, and those were definitely my favorites (OPI With a Nice Finn-ishCan't Afjörd Not To, My Dogsled Is a Hybrid, and My Voice is a Little Norse).

What do you think of this collection? Which colors stand out for you? Let me know in the comments below. :)

You can find the Nordic shades at your local nail salons and beauty stores such as Ulta and Dillard's for a retail price of $9.50 for each 0.5 fl oz bottle.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

55 comments:

  1. I'm very glad you're back - you show so many pretties :)
    My favourites are: My Dogsled..., How Great Is Your Dane?, Suzi... and Do You Have This Color In Stock-holm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really happy to be back. I've been missing blogging like crazy. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I like that one too. It's particularly pretty with all the holographic rainbow sparkles. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're back! I've missed your posts!

    These are all so pretty, but Thin Iceland is definitely my fave. I love those vampy plums in the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha, I'm really glad to be back. I definitely missed having blogging as an outlet while I was gone. <3 Hehe vampy plums and fall polishes just go hand in hand. It's a great shade, very classically fall. :)

      Delete
  4. It's good to see you back in the blogosphere.
    The entire collection suits you really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really happy to be back. It's been a while. :)

      Delete
  5. Great review and swatches of these colors. Great to see a new post from you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to be working on posts again. I've missed blogging like crazy. :)

      Delete
  6. Good to see you back Yun, and to know everything is okay with you :-)

    Nice collection and great photos. I really like: Thank Glogg It's Friday, Do You Have This Color In Stock-holm? and of course that lovely glitter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ananka, it feels so good to be back again. It finally feels like my life is moving forward and returning to normal. :) I'm glad you like the collection. That glitter is super pretty and seems to go well over so many colors. :)

      Delete
  7. It's a really nice presentation of the entire collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Lovely colors in this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Dogsled (duh!), Thank Glogg and Skating. The rest are not catching my interest. It's good to hear from you. You have been missed Yun. I hope thinks are getting better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherri, I'm really happy to be back. <3 I've been missing blogging like crazy. Now it finally feels like things are returning to normal and I'm starting to move forward in my life again. :) I really like Dogsled too. These blue/green shades always get me. :)

      Delete
  10. I found out (very) late about your break-in, and I tried to message you and could never make it work on my mobile device...ugh. But I'm so glad you're doing okay. <3

    I was excited about a Nordic collection too and pretty much loved the whole thing...my least favorite one was Ice-Bergers & Fries when I saw swatches, but it's my very favorite shade on you!! Uh...of course with Suzi Has a Swede Tooth coming in closely at #2. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm doing a lot better now. For a while, it was really awful and it still is, but the pain and anger is dulling a bit as time passes. Being back to blogging feels so normal, you know? It finally feels like my life is moving forward again. :)

      Hehe I'm glad I'm not the only one taken with the Nordic theme. :) I like Ice-Bergers more than I thought I would. It didn't look particularly exciting in the bottle, but turned out to be very chic on the nails. :D

      Delete
  11. Beautiful beautiful swatches. I'm glad you are back and slowing rebuilding, I'm sorry for what happened to you but am so glad you are safe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! <3 I'm really happy to be back. I was missing blogging terribly. To be doing this again feels so normal and so good. :)

      Delete
  12. I'm glad to hear you're getting back on your feet again! Anyway, I'm glad to see your amazing post on my feed lol. I love 'My Voice is a little Norse'. You can't have too much glitter! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I'm so happy to be back to blogging again. I've really missed this. Yes indeed, you can't have too much sparkly goodness. :D

      Delete
  13. It's GREAT to see you back, you've been missed!
    I like the glitter the best and the orange looks really good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've really missed blogging and you guys too. Even though I'm still slow on getting posts out, it feels good to be doing so again. :) I really like the glitter too. It's a really versatile color, fun as a topper or by itself.

      Delete
  14. I'm so happy you're back! I think I like Skating on Thin-Ice Land the most. You know me, give me a vampy plum purple polish anytime.
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe definitely. :) Thank you, I'm really thrilled to be back. It feels wonderful to be doing something so normal to me again. :)

      Delete
  15. Welcome back :) Pretty collection even though not very unique shades.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you're back! It's terrible when something like this happens but I am glad you and your family are safe. Stuff can be replaced.

    This collection is gorgeous on you! i haven't bought any of the new collections in soooooo long and it' s really sad. I want at least half of this collex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I'm glad we are safe too. It's so scary to think of what could have happened that day. It feels good to be slowly making progress on the blog again... it feels very normal to me. :) I'm glad you like this collection!

      Delete
  17. Oh oh!! The OPI collection looks fabulous but it makes me more happy to hear that you are both doing ok. I have been worried about you and checking in here to see if there was any news. GREAT to see you blogging again, your my swatch idol. :) and while you say you missed us, you can see we all missed you! As for these colours... how could a gal decide on which ones to buy?! I am loving these colours :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, my dear! <3 I've really missed all my friends here. It feels great to be blogging again (however slow my progress lol). It feels like things are finally starting to return to normal again, and that's a great relief. I'm glad you like this collection! :D

      Delete
  18. I really love this collection!!! The only one I don't much care for is the 'nice finn-ish' one. And I'm also so glad you're back!! I"m so sorry about what happened, stupid assholes =( karma will come back and the same will happen to them!!! Keep on blogging my friend =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gosia! <3 I'm really glad to be back... I've really missed this and everyone here. It feels good emotionally to be working on the blog again. It feels like my life is moving on. :) I'm glad you like this collection!

      Delete
  19. Ohh. :( Karma will hunt those people.
    Lovely swatches for this collection, dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I missed you Yun. Welcome back :D I am glad to know everything is going back to normal (: x
    these are some great shades (: My favorite is My Dogsled Is a Hybrid,Going My Way Or Norway? Viking In a Vinter Vonderland (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! so much <3 I'm really happy to be back. I've missed everyone here, more than I can possibly say. It's a great feeling to be back to blogging and doing something I love. :) I'm glad you like this collection. :D

      Delete
  21. wow I'm a big fan of that pink shade but all these swatches look just wonderful!
    Thank you so much for sharing your honest opinion on these polishes with us :)

    Looking forward to read your next post <3
    Xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia, I'm glad you them! The pink is lovely... OPI always does really pretty pinks. :)

      Delete
  22. It's great to see you back!! You always have such gorgeous swatches! I love My Voice is a Little Norse, it's so sparkly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lucy! <3 I love the glitter too. It's great that it can be used either as a topper or by itself. :)

      Delete
  23. Glad things are getting back to normal for you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Soooo good to hear from you again, I was worried already :(
    And of course I''ve missed your blog posts ^.^
    This collection is very beautiful actually, I love most of the polishes, Viking In a Vinter Vonderland is so gorgeous but so is Skating On Thin Ice-land. Guess I have a thing for dark colors now xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! <3 I've missed blogging and everyone here. It's wonderful to be back and to be making progress again. It feels like my life is finally getting back to normal. I'm glad you like the collection! :D

      Delete
  25. I read what happend, how awful!! Glad your are all ok.
    Gorgeous swatches onces again. This collection is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 I'm glad none of us were hurt and things are returning to normal finally. It's a good feeling. I'm glad you like this collection. :D

      Delete
  26. Good to hear you guys are okay. I'm glad you are trying to get back to a new normal. I see you haven't lost any of your talent for taking beautiful nail shots :) This is a very pretty collection and I may have to pick up a few. I hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Essie! <3 It's always wonderful to hear from you, my friend. Things are returning to normal and the blogging is helping. It feels really nice to be doing again something that's so important to me. :D

      Delete
  27. I haven’t had much time to do blogging either and I’m really behind on reading other blogs and commenting :( I do miss it but I’ve just been too busy the last few months.

    I’m usually not a huge fan of metallic polishes (unless I’m stamping) but OPI With a Nice Finn-ish seems more wearable. The color is more muted and it’s not as reflective as some other metallic polishes (OPI Push n Shove).
    My Dogsled is a Hybrid is a beautiful color.., although it’s not what I would personally think of for fall/winter.
    I’ve been trying to find “Do You Have this color in Stockholm” I love purples and this one looks interesting!

    Great swatches Yun! Good to hear you're doing okay and are starting to replace what was stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome shades of nail polish these will give you the trendy looks and give your nails a whole new. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...