Friday, July 13, 2012

Julep America

Today, I'm wrapping up the Julep polishes from my July Boho Glam Maven Box with America. It is a glitter polish filled with blue, red, and silver colored and multi-shaped glitters in a sheer base.







There are so many different glitter colors, shapes and sizes in here. There are fine red glitter flecks, small round silver and blue glitters, medium-sized blue hexagon glitters, and large silver star-shaped glitters. The base is quite sheer, so it's best to wear this over a complimentary base color. In the swatches, I have America over Julep Mischa.

As with all glitters that contain large pieces, application can be a little tricky. You pretty much have to fish out the star pieces and manually place them to ensure one star for each nail. Then you put a medium-thick layer of polish over the whole nail, and lightly spread out the polish to ensure the star stays where you want.

Overall, I think the glitters look gorgeous in the bottle, but they look messy once they are on my nails. A large reason is that the silver stars end up with lots of the other smaller glitter pieces all over them. Also, I could not get some of the star pieces to lay flat due to their size and the curvature of my nail bed. It's not a polish I would normally wear, but it's still cute and fun for July 4th. :-)

Don't forget to enter my current giveaway for a chance to win a Zoya mini trio, featuring three colors from the Zoya Surf Collection! <3

22 comments:

  1. I don't think your nails look messy, I think they look really cool. I like this polish a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. America is a really appropriate name for this lovely glitter. I don't think it looks messy either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maria! I'm glad you like this glitter. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. It is a pretty glitter and I understand what you mean! I hate when the glitter looks so awesome in the bottle and sucky on my nails! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe my expectations are too high lol. I always visualize glitters to look a certain way from the look in the bottle, and a lot of times, the more busy glitters don't end up looking the way I expect. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. You got good photos of your America! I had so much trouble, but I don't have the best camera. This polish was super hard to get off, too. Stuck on like glue! I love it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like my photos and the polish! Yes, glitters are hard to get off. Often I don't bother wearing glitter for just that reason lol. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. It's a shame its tricky to apply! You made it look great though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty glitter. That sucks it was hard to apply. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you think it looks good! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. From close I see what you mean about the messiness. It's too bad the star can't be fully free from the other glitter. Still, I find it looks great! I felt weirdly about O Canada the first time I tried it because it has lots of tiny translucenty flecks of glitter with some slightly bigger red ones and I had trouble getting red ones to stay on the nail, but with a little bit of effort, even if I get 2-3 red ones per nail that are randomly spaced out, it still looked pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you still like the look of America even though it's a bit messy! :-) I have seen some swatches of O Canada and it looks cute and fun, so I'm glad you ended up liking it! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. I like this one a lot. so pretty the glitters. Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Hope you had a lovely weekend, as well! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...