Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Butter London Lovely Jubbly

Butter London came out with their five-polish Autumn/Winter 2012 Collection a few weeks ago, and I've got my top picks from the set to share with you. Today, I'll start with Lovely Jubbly, a densely packed glitter polish filled with small and sparkling pink, purple, blue and silver glitter particles and micro-glitters in a sheer base.






I found the easiest way to get even and opaque coverage for this polish is to start with a thinner coat, followed by a thicker coat with a fully loaded brush. The formula is pretty smooth for a glitter polish, and the glitters spread out easily onto the nails without much coaxing or finagling. This dries gritty, so you will need a top coat if you prefer a shiny finish.

This is such a fun look on the nails, like festive confetti or some sort of colorful candy. The only downside is the removal, as expected with glitters. Use the foil method, or you will be at it for a long time and be finding glitters under your nails and all over your skin/cuticles for some time afterwards.

You can find Lovely Jubbly on butterlondon.com for $14 for 0.4 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

29 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Reminds me a little of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Rockstar Pink. Gorgeous mixture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's super pretty on you! And thank heaven for the foil method, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesl, I'm glad you think so! Yes indeed, whoever came up with the foil method is a genius. :D

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. I love the BL fall glitters! Jubbly and Gobsmacked are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously Love this polish!! I have Black Knight by Butter and it's packed with the same micro glitters LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it! Yes, the glitters are amazing :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. No way this colour is so so pretty! I've really got to get my hands on some BL's!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jazz, you totally need some BLs if you don't have any! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. WOW is all that comes to mind, it looks absolutely amazing! BUTTER LONDON COME TO ME! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! I think it's gorgeous too! :D

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. Butter London has such nice glitter polishes! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. So cool and festive at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. D: I want this polish. It's been on my wishlist for so long! It's lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this polish - so festive and pretty, I'm all excited for spring! You have such a wonderful collection & I love reading your posts & seeing your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like this, Julz! And thank you so much for your kind words. <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  11. i just bought my first butter london today...this one is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty glitter. remind me a bit of essence troy glitter topper

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so pretty on you!!
    However, I suspect this one is not for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. There are colors that look great on others that I personally do not like wearing. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  14. I love this polish! I bought it at the same time as Primrose Hill Picnic and they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not a fan of Butter London-but do wonder where they get their weird names from!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...