Friday, May 24, 2013

Zoya Kerry

Hi you guys! :-) Happy Friday! I'm sooo excited cause it's a long weekend. Monday's my first paid holiday since the new year, and it couldn't have come at a better time. The stretch from January to May always seems unbearably long; work goes on at a crazy pace with dark depressing weather and no days off. The extra day of R & R is just what I need to recharge. :-) Do you guys have any plans for the long weekend?

Today, I'm kicking off the last of Zoya's summer collections and probably my favorite of the three (although that's hard to say with so many awesome colors lol). First up in the Zoya Irresistible Summer 2013 Collection is Kerry, a bright golden yellow with a glass fleck finish.






This color is so bright and sparkly, it makes me think that if you could bottle sunshine, it would probably look something like this. :-) In terms of its finish, even though Zoya calls this a foil, the finish seems more like their glass flecks (like those in the Sunshine Collection) than their foils (like those in the Surf Collection). The golden yellow shimmers are suspended in a mostly clear base. The first coat is quite thin and patchy, but the second coat fills in nicely and is what you see in the swatches. You may want a third coat depending on how totally opaque you like your coverage, but honestly, it's so sparkly that it's hard to see any unevenness, so that third coat is optional. :-)

You can find Kerry on Zoya.com for $8 for 0.5 fl oz. If you are new to Zoya, you can get your first two bottles of Zoya for $8 - $9 total and free shipping! More info HERE.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

24 comments:

  1. I have no plans for the long weekend. I just love it because Memorial Day is ths unofficial start to summer. Lol. Kerry is such a beautiful gold. I need her in my collection. Hope you have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for the start of summer! ;-) Thanks! I'm glad you like this one! :D

      Delete
  2. i am wearing this on my nails right now. i was really shocked by how crazy sparkly it is. i was just thinking today too if this would be a foil or glass fleck? either way it's gorgeous.

    the painted ninja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely crazy sparkly! I'm glad you're a fan! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hmm I guess for me this one is too yellow to be a nice gold and too gold to be a nice yellow! And I know that foil/glass fleck problem haha :) Enjoy your long weekend!! I unfortunately don't have one... but I do have exams next week which means that I'll be 'free' from school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww good luck with your exams! Thanks, hope you at least get a chance to relax a bit this weekend. :-)

      Delete
  4. Good choice -- Kerry was the first of the summer collections that I had to have. It really is soooo sparkly in person, and your swatches really capture its sunshine-like qualities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you think so! It's such a fantastic yellow-gold. :-)

      Delete
  5. It makes me think of sparklers at a picnic! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Zoya just keep on amazing me! I'm looking forward to a Zoya haul sometime. I'm kind of glad it reminds you of the surf collection because that was an amazing collection too! It looks great with the second coat. Also thank you for your kind comment :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like this! The Surf Collection is one of my all-time favorite collections. :D

      Delete
  7. We had such a busy weekend last weekend that I am excited to have nothing going on this weekend:) Yes, it will be nice to re-charge. This looks pretty on you but I never look good in gold:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're having a chance to relax this weekend, Essie! I'm glad you like the color on me. <3

      Delete
  8. That's so beautiful! The sparks are unbelievable pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that really is very sparkly, would be great for effects in nail art too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this so much! its like a bottle of sunshine & glitter!

    xoxo,
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's definitely sunshine in a bottle. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Yun - you worded ist perfectly, this is sunshine bottled up!!! Beautiful on you <3 - Christine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...