Wednesday, August 22, 2012

OPI Schnapps Out Of It!

Continuing with OPI's Germany Collection, I have Schnapps Out Of It! for you today. This is a brownish red with small silver shimmers in a pearly finish.






This is a hard color to describe. OPI categorized it as mauve, but I don't see too much of that. Instead, I see an interesting shade of brownish red that makes me think of red clay or red bricks. The formula is a little thicker than the rest of the collection, but it is still easy to work with. What you see in the swatches is only one coat, which is all that is needed for opacity. This dries to a pearly, satiny finish, so you'll need top coat for a glossy shine.

You can find Schnapps Out Of It! at your local nail salons and beauty stores for $8.50 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

21 comments:

  1. Well, I agree with you, it's more of a brick red. It reminds me when I made clay plates and stuff at school. Getting dirty was the funniest part ;)

    It's nice but not marvelous. The fact that it's a one coater is great though... But even so I don't think I would want to own it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me think of the clay pots that people use to grow plants in. The one coater is definitely a plus. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. I kinda like this color though, it's rich but not too rich? is that even possible?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand what you mean. It's colorful and mellow at the same time. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. Yup, the first that came to mind was brick red. It looks good on you, but one taht wouldn't on me, so I'll pass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you think it looks nice on me! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. I'll pass too, but that's because brownish colours look really weird on me. It looks absolutely great on you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep you described it perfectly. Looks like brick red, not my type of color, but it's nice that it has a good formula!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't care for this shade with my skin tone but it looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg i want! i actually really like shades like these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you are a fan of the color! I really like it too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. This is a very interesting color! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty on you!! This is one of the ones that I skipped from the collection because I have something similar from the Holland collection. Still a fun and unique color though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It's definitely fun and unique. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  10. I don't see mauve in here either--mauve needs to be more purple in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree. No mauve to be seen at all. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  11. Ok I have to be honest here: I have no idea what color Mauve is.
    But I like this polish. I think it's a great and unique shade between brown, orange and smoky red.
    And it looks gorgeous on you too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I kind of know what mauve is. It's one of those colors I can't think up in my head, but if I see it, I would know (I hope). :D Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I'm a big fan of this color too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...