Saturday, April 20, 2013

Julep Mackenzie

I'm super excited to show you guys Julep Mackenzie, one of the bright polishes from my April It Girl Maven Box. Mackenzie is a bright apple green with lots of green shimmers in a metallic finish. I was most looking forward to this color, and it's the reason I chose this box. :-)






When I saw Mackenzie in the lineup for this month, I knew I had to get it, and I'm happy to report that it definitely lives up to my expectations. It's such a bright and happy green, really fantastic for summer! :-)

Formula-wise, it was good, but a little tricky to apply. It's nice and thin, but has a tendency to be runny. I found the trick for a good application is a thin first coat to define the borders, followed up with a medium second coat done with a soft touch to fill in for coverage. Be sure to wipe off excess polish between strokes, as it tends to run down the length of the stem and brush and deposit onto the nails. 

You can find Mackenzie as part of the April Julep Maven Box, as well as on Julep.com for $14 for 0.27 fl oz. If you are new to the Julep Maven program, you can get your first box free. More info HERE.

33 comments:

  1. Holy cow! I NEED this green. Have you checked in your stash for any dupes? And I love this on your nails so much. Have I told you lately how much I adore your nails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe I have no dupes in my stash? In fact, nothing comes even close. I think it speaks to the fact that I don't have enough greens lol. Thank you so much, hun! That means a lot coming from a fellow blogger. <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. Great swatches of this color. I got it too and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's just such a fantastic color! I'm glad you're a fan too! :-)

      Delete
  3. I have never been a fan of bright green polishes but this one is amazing! It is absolutely perfect for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is perfect for summer. I'm glad you like it! :-)

      Delete
  4. That color is so gorgeous. looks like a great spring green. I dont do the maven boxes but I would totally buy this color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like this! I think it's a fantastic green too! :-)

      Delete
  5. Amazing green for summer! The shimmer really makes it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a pretty green! I must have it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that green - it's totally great for the season!
    I haven't got any Juleps in my stash - perhaps some day, who knows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I'm glad you like this one! I love this green too! :-)

      Delete
  8. This is a gorgeous polish! I might also be a tad biased towards it since my niece's name is McKenzie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I can understand that! I think it's an amazing polish too! :-)

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous spring green, totally love this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, I'm glad you like it! It's a gorgeous green for sure! :-)

      Delete
  10. Aside from the pretty color, the slight shimmer is a sweet bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Yun - I am a green-lover so guess my thoughts ;-)!!!! And who bothers with application challenges when the result looks like THIS!!! A real stunner on you, dear Yun - Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I'm glad you're a fan, Christine! I thought a fellow green-lover would love this one for sure. :-)

      Delete
  12. This is such a beautiful green! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yowza, Yun, your swatches and photos are perfection! This polish is brilliant on you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH! I love this one! So fresh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I adore this one too! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...