Tuesday, February 19, 2013

OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke!

Hi you guys! Hanging in there this week? It looks like I'm stuck in meetings all day today. Hopefully they are interesting so I don't fall asleep lol. :-)

Today, I've got one of my favorites and definitely one of the more interesting polishes from the OPI Euro Centrale Collection to share with you. Oy-Another Polish Joke! is filled with small sparkly gold shimmers in a sheer base.






This polish is quite sheer by itself. In the swatches, I'm showing three coats, and you can still see a fair amount of visible nail lines at that. It isn't too noticeable in person because the sparkliness hides some of that sheerness, but it's probably more sheer than most would be comfortable with.

Oy-Another Polish Joke! over My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours

I definitely prefer to wear an underwear with this, and I feel that's when this polish really comes alive. I've got one coat of Oy over My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours! in the picture above, and you can see that the combination is fantastic and a little unexpected. I certainly didn't think Oy would look so good as a top coat, but it really does. I'm looking forward to trying it over some other colors soon.

Formula-wise, Oy goes onto the nails easily and smoothly. It has a medium consistency and is just a little thicker than OPIs usually are. I think it's due to the suspension base that keeps all the shimmers evenly distributed throughout the polish. Dry time is a little longer due to the consistency, but nothing that I could not wait for.

You can find Oy-Another Polish Joke! at your local nail salons and beauty stores for $9 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

35 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you didn't fall asleep, that's so embarrassing ;)
    I LOVE the layering, it's superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I almost made it through the whole day. I did duck out a little early. ;)
      Thanks, I'm glad you like the layered look!

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. Love how this looks layered! This would look great over a blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the layered look! I think Oy would look fantastic over blue and a bunch of other colors. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. I seriously need this!! I'm Polish, so I think this nail polish would be perfect for me lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's very pretty!!
    But then... it's opi. And I have Zoya Ziv which is equally prerry and also 2 coats opaque ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think it's pretty! This one is pretty different from Ziv, so it's definitely not a dupe... just saying :P

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. It looks gorgeous over the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at it by itself, I was kinda like, "Nice, but I still like Ziv better...," and then I hit your last pic and was all, "WOW!" Yun, you are brilliant--this makes a *fabulous* top coat! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, I think it's a fantastic top coat too! I can't wait to try it out over some other colors! :D

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. I was so curious to see this one as I saw Liesl layering it over the Czech Book polish and I loved it. I agree that I would rather wear it as topcoat - your combination is beautiful :-) - Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you're liking the layering! It's definitely awesome as a topper! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. I love this! It's got almost a yellow gold look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It's more yellow than most golds, so it's definitely unique. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  9. I just saw a blog post with this polish layered on top and think it looks better over something as well. Would be nice to use it to spice up a polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it layered! It's awesome as a topper! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  10. This one is so much better layered. I am not a fan of it by itself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is gorgeous!!! Totally loving it layered over My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours. Stunning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I think it's fantastic layered too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  12. This is really pretty, but I must say I hate the name. I get that it is a play on all the polish jokes that they make, but does anyone else think the Polish (nationality) joke reference it could also allude to is a little odd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol OPI names are always a little weird. I'm glad you like the color! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  13. So pretty! I love that it looks great both layered and built up to opacity by itself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh, I'm so glad you showed us the layering! Oy is so magical layered :) Though I must say, your swatches of it by itself are the prettiest I've seen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! *blushes* <3
      I think Oy is awesome as a topper too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  15. This would be really fun to play around with as a top coat! Love the effect with My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way that looks over My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours! It doesn't look like any other nail polish I've seen. I've gotten quite a few sheer polishes that have disappointed me until I used them as topcoats, and then I was so glad to have them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really loving Oy layered too! The effect is pretty awesome! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  17. I like the layering. the yellow reminds me a bit of china glaze champagne bubbles for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...