Monday, August 4, 2014

Priti NYC Australia Summer 2014 Collection

Ah ha, so I haven't been imagining it! This summer has indeed been hotter than usual. On average, we've been running about five degrees warmer every day for the month of July. Yikes! And the trend's continuing so far for August. You can be sure I am counting down the days to fall. :P


In the meantime, I'm taking full advantage by wearing tons of brights and neons, which is one of my favorite nail polish trends. And today, I've got one such collection I've really been enjoying to show you. Priti NYC's Australia Summer Collection is comprised of four intense, bright colors, perfect for this sweltering weather. :)


Purple Prince Tulip
Purple Prince Tulip is a vivid medium pink with a squishy creme finish. I used three coats for the swatches to get the coverage perfect for the macro shots, but you can probably get away with two for regular wearing. This dries semi-matte, so there's some neon pigments in here.

Water Dragon
Water Dragon is a bright medium mint green with a creme finish that dries semi-matte. This is the one I was most looking forward to in the collection, and it totally lives up to my expectations! It's intensely bright under natural lighting, and I have nothing else like it in my collection. I used three coats in the swatches for perfect coverage.

Lady Finger Cactus
Lady Finger Cactus is a bright pinkish coral with a jelly finish that dries semi-matte. I used three coats for the swatches, and it's still a little sheer at that, which I enjoy, but you can always use a base color if you prefer total opacity.

Chilean Blue Crocus
Chilean Blue Crocus is a medium vintage sky blue with a creme finish. In terms of brightness, this is the only one of the collection that has no hint of neon-ness (hence the finish dries nice and shiny). I had no trouble with the formula, needing only two coats for complete coverage.

Overall, I love this collection. The colors are so bright and lovely, and typical for Priti NYC, the formulas are amazingly easy to work with. My favorite has to be Water Dragon for how intense and interesting of a green it is, but I love Purple Prince Tulip and Lady Finger Cactus too.

What do you think of this collection? Any favorites? And what's your favorite trend/color/finish to wear for the summer? Let me know in the comments below. :)

You can find the Australia Summer shades on PritiNYC.com for $15 for each 0.43 fl oz bottle.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

34 comments:

  1. Purple Prince Tulip looks amazing! I think that's my favorite. I love Priti NYC polishes and their botanically inspired polish names, and the formulas on those I've tried have been so good that it was a true delight to apply them, which totally makes a polish for me. Beautiful swatches, Yun! It's great to see to see a post about this brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Yep, I'm a huge fan of Priti NYC too. Their formula is always perfection for me, and I adore their lovely colors and names. Since they're a smaller company, they don't always get as much recognition, so I'm really happy to know that others love them too. :)

      Delete
  2. Water Dragon stands out for me! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It's a stunning green! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, these are all gorgeous! I'm also taking advantage of the heat (and a faux tan) to work my collection of neons. Hot pinks especially. I'm not surprised to hear that it's been hotter than average--I do love summer and I don't want to rush into winter, but I do always look forward to fall and the return of more bearable temps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a winter baby, so summer's never been my thing. I love cold temps, snuggling under blankets, and wearing comfy sweaters and boots. The only redeeming qualities of summer are the chance to wear neon polishes and pretty dresses lol. :)

      Delete
  4. These are so nice. I like Water Dragon a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like these! I've been wearing Water Dragon for the past few days, and I'm totally in love with the color. :)

      Delete
  5. Water dragon is pretty, but my favourite here is Chilean blue crocus, I love that shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple Prince Tulip and Water Dragon - woow, they are so pretty!!
    Thanks for sharing these beautiful swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Yun - what I think of those? Well it is midnight and I wanted to go to bed but your post popped up on my Blog roll and I could not absolutely not turn off my laptop without checking out that post - the foursomenss of them is adorable and lucky you - you could pick a favorite - I am drawn to all four of them - as always beautiful pictures and they do look absolutely stunning on you. As for the weather - we had the wettest July in 50 years or so - our country fights floods and high running rivers left and right - the downpours we endure are Monsoon-like… I hope your sweltering will come to an end soon and you can enjoy a mellow September. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Ooh yay, I'm glad you like these! I've had Water Dragon on my nails for the last few days, and I'm absolutely loving it. I can't wait to wear the rest of the colors hehe. :) Oh noes, I'm so sorry to hear about your weather. I hope you and everyone around you remain dry and safe. I'll wish for a speedy end to the crazy summer weather for both of us. <3

      Delete
  8. What a lovely and fun collection, they all look so great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never actually heard of this brand before! My favorites are Water Dragon and Chilean Blue Crocus :) I'm really loving neons for summer too but haven't been wearing them because I don't have any that are really easy to apply :( I should look into picking up some with better formulas! I've also really been loving pastel / neon gradients for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These have fantastic formulas, so you definitely won't have any application issues if you end up getting these. :) For me, even if I get past applications of tricky neons, their staying power aren't so hot and they chip within a day, so there's no point haha. But I've noticed recent neons have improved a lot and I mostly get great application and staying power with them. :)

      Delete
  10. The first three are my favourites, the pink one being nr 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink's really bright and girly! I'm glad you like the colors. :)

      Delete
  11. Great swatches Yun! I'm reallying liking Purple Prince Tulip and Lady Finger Cactus. Actually Water Dragon is pretty cool too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! <3 Hehe it's a great set of colors for sure. :)

      Delete
  12. Those are looking nice! I would have 'em all in my collection, and they would combine very well together too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mati! It's great to see you around. <3 I'm glad you approve! You're right, they would look great together as one mani... they compliment each other nicely. :)

      Delete
  13. The mint green is my all time favorite! Pretty polishes, wish I could buy them here in the Netherlands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green caught my eye immediately too... such a striking color. I hope you are able to get your hands on these where you are. <3

      Delete
  14. I don't like hot weather either and am counting down the days til fall. Water Dragon is soooooo pretty! Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great color! I loved it immediately too. :)

      Delete
  15. The collection is indeed very pretty and fits perfectly to summer. I also love the names of the polishes haha I think my favorite would be Water Dragon. <3
    I don't really have a favorite finish for summer, just generally I prefer creme finishes over other ones because you can always spice it up with glitter or other toppers xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the names too. There's something so sweet and whimsical about naming them after botanical flowers and plants. :) Water Dragon is such a stunner! Cremes are always so classic and clean, so they work for all occasions. And your reason of adding glitters or toppers to cremes, I do that too, but to shimmers hehe. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...