Tuesday, June 18, 2013

China Glaze Highlight of My Summer

Hi there! Hope your week is going well! :)

I'm so excited to have a selection of shades from the China Glaze Sunsational Collection to share with you. It's a 12-piece neon collection with six cremes and six jellies, and today I wanted to start off the collection with a favorite of mine. Highlight of My Summer is a bright mint green with a creme finish.






Oh my gosh, I love this color! It's bright and beautiful, and I don't remember a color in recent memory that's quite like it. However, its formula isn't the best. It's kind of thin and runny, but also streaky too, so application is a bit of a challenge. For me, I felt like with each stroke, you have too much polish at the start near the cuticle, but then by the time you reach the free edge, there's some pulling because there isn't enough polish left. I did three coats for the swatches, and while it's still just a smidgen streaky, it wasn't too bad at that point. Dry time is nice and fast, and it dries just a shade brighter on the nails than what you see in the bottle. While application isn't the best, I feel like the beauty and uniqueness of this color totally makes up for it. :)

You can find Highlight of My Summer at your local nail salons and at beauty stores such as Ulta and Sally Beauty for a retail price of $7 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

43 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous color indeed!!! I don't know about the formula though... Application would drive me insane!! But then again, what a color... What to do, what to do???!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I know what you mean. I'll put up with it though in this case cause the color is gorgeous! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this colour! The pale mint colour seems to be really on trend for this summer. Good for China Glaze to keep on trend and great swatch :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you love this! I'm really loving mint at the moment too! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the color but haven't picked this one up because I've heard bad things about the color. Too bad, it's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the color! It's definitely stunning! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is totally awesome! Too bad the formula was bad...but I'm not too picky if I can get a beautiful end result:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with this color! I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, that's looking amazing!! I like the brightness of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous colour. I try to avoid China Glaze polishes because I don't find them as good as OPI or Essie, but they keep coming out with lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's gorgeous too! Might be worth it to pick this one up. :)

      Delete
  8. Haha it's like a neon pastel! So great! One of the best colours I've seen in a while :). Too bad about the formula - I wonder if it's just your bottle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love the color! Not sure... I've seen a few others having trouble with this one too. :)

      Delete
  9. Despite the tricky application, the color is pretty awesome! I agree, I don't think I've seen anything quite like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty color! It's a shame about the formula, but you make it look flawless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer about the formula, but it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it. It is the only one from the collection that appeals to me. Too bad the formula isn't great.
    Looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that color and am so happy to have it in my stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that is such a gorgeous colour <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great swatch! I think I might need this one. *____*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Yun - awwww SOOO beautiful on you, just love it and you are right, nothing like this has been out there yet!!!! I so look forward to seeing your other choices!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh. I love a minty green, and this neon take is gorgeous! Looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm a huge fan of mint green these too! I'm glad you like this! :)

      Delete
  18. I love this colour too. looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a gorgeous color! It reminds me of Color Club's new London Calling: a bright pastel green! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you're a fan of this color! :)

      Delete
    2. I just got London Calling today and I'm in LOVE with it. I'd love to know how this compares, since the bottle of London Calling is teensy.

      Delete
    3. Hi Emily! Hmmm... I don't have London Calling myself, so I can't say unfortunately, but in swatches they do appear similar. I think if you love London Calling, you'll probably love Highlight of My Summer too. :)

      Delete
  20. That's beautiful! It seems unique from some of the other neon greens I've seen floating around this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A neon mint green! How fun! There *might* be enough blue in this for me to pull off. It sure looks lovely on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesl, I think this is bright enough that it'll probably look good on anyone. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...