Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sephora by OPI Mermaid to Order

Hi there! Hope this post is finding you well! :-)

I was at Sephora the other day and saw that the Sephora by OPI polishes were all on sale for 50% off! The rumor is that the Sephora and OPI collaboration is coming to an end, and Sephora is discontinuing their Sephora by OPI polishes... hence the sale. So I picked up the one polish I have been eyeing for quite some time, but have just never made it into my shopping cart for whatever reason. Mermaid to Order is finally mine! :) It's a rich and vibrant duochrome green/teal/blue polish with a metallic finish.






Oh my gosh, how beautiful is this, right?! It has everything I adore in a polish: jewel-tone, duochrome, metallic, shimmers, and teal! The center color is green, and then as you tilt your hand, you'll see teal and then blue move in from the edges. The more you tilt your hand, the more teal and blue you will see. The formula is great, and application is easy peasy. Each coat comes out thin and smooth, and you just need the standard two coats for opacity. There are some brush strokes due to this type of finish, but most of that goes away once it dries.

You can find Mermaid to Order at Sephora for a retail price of $9 for 0.5 fl oz, but all Sephora by OPIs are currently 50% off for only $4.50.

32 comments:

  1. Wow...what a beautiful color! More mermaids. :) But those mermaid polishes are all so irresistibly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, I'm glad you think so! Shimmery mermaid teals are really my weakness! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, I'm glad you finally got your lemming! Sometimes it just takes the price being right. This is gorgeous and reminds me of a Gosh color I really need to wear again. Awesome job capturing the duochrome ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, $4.50 was definitely the right price for this hehe. :) Thanks so much for your comment about capturing the duochrome. I'm always a little worried when I'm photographing duochromes for fear I won't be able to properly capture their beauty. <3

      Delete
  3. It is AWESOME! It looks gorgeous on you too! :D WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, it is the perfect mermaid polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just by looking at the bottle I can already tell I'll like this one. It's gorgeous. Teals like these are always in my good books :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty. Reminds me a nail polish I had but cannot remember the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's glowing - both in and outside the bottle...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely have picked this one up as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty! I went to Sephora yesterday but this one wasn't in stock. I wish it was though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it too! Ah bummer this wasn't at your Sephora. Hope you're able to find it. <3

      Delete
  10. Hi Yun - oh holy Mermaid - this polish rocks!!! I am smitten and agree, this polish got it all: jewels, shine, saturated. It looks perfect on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! I'm so glad you agree and love this one too! :)

      Delete
  11. lovely! i have been eyeing some of the polishes online but have not been into a store yet. i am sure my resolve would melt the second i saw the rack of sale polishes. very pretty color and perfect for summer.

    the painted ninja

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made a good pick--mermaid colors are always awesome. I can never resist sale racks, so it's probably a good thing I don't live close to a Sephora!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks, I'm glad you like this one! I have a hard time resisting mermaid shades too! :)

      Delete
  13. This is my all time favorite SOPI polish! I wore it so much back before my polish addiction that I only have half a bottle left. I'm actually getting nervous about it being discontinued I'm anxious to get a back up bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it's totally gorgeous for sure! It's not a bad idea getting a back up bottle... but get it soon. I think this is one of the most popular SOPI colors, and I picked up the last bottle in my Sephora store. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...