Thursday, June 13, 2013

Salon Perfect Zapped

Hi, you guys! How's this week treating you? Mine is good, but busy. At work, we're preparing for an office move next week. Currently everyone has their own offices, but we'll be moving into a different building which only has "team rooms". Yep, I'm pretty sad that I'll be losing my own space at work. We had the open house of the new building this week, and next week we'll be taking training on how to work in a team room lol. I laugh without mirth. (>_<)

Salon Perfect recently announced their new Neon Collision Collection, which combines the trends neon and matte glitters into six bright shades. I want to share with you two of the colors from the collection. Today I've got Zapped, a mix of small matte glitters in bright yellow and blue all in a sheer green-tinted base.






The sheerness of the green base means that the color you see on the nails comes predominantly from the glitters, so it's mostly yellow on the nails while the bottle appears more green. I found application to be quite tricky. The glitters aren't very dense and tend to clump onto themselves, so it was hard to get even coverage. The first coat goes on sparse and patchy, which sets the tone for the rest of the coats to follow. Since the glitters tend to clump together, each additional coat adds more glitter to the areas that already have glitter and doesn't fill in in areas that were bald to begin with. I did three coats for the swatches, and there's still some glitterless patches remaining.

You can find Zapped exclusively at Walmart stores for a retail price of $3.98 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

29 comments:

  1. pretty color,perfect for summer :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh... I am sorry to say that but: what a mess! And I am sure it's not due to your faulty application...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha maybe it is my application? It doesn't look as messy on some other's pics... they are probably more skilled than me. :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this polish. Good luck with the work move! I hope you get paired with a good team :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This polish is just crazy...I've never seen anything like the texture? Is it texture? Or does it just look like it? Wow.

    And I feel your pain...my office is also moving next week, so I'm pretty much exhausted from all the packing. BUT my new office is about 3 times the size of my current one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a very unique and interesting polish. I think you can wear it as is or add top coat for a smooth finish. :)

      Good luck with your office move! Your new office sounds awesome! :D

      Delete
  5. Would be cute if it was greener. I am still searching for a really juicy lime green color. Good luck with the office move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish it was greener too... I love green polish hehe. :)

      Delete
  6. Has this brand got anything to do with China Glaze? It looks like a copy of it or something :)
    I must admit that I'm not crazy about this, but that's mainly because three coats of lumpyness is a bit too much for my patience :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Salon Polish and China Glaze share the same parent company. :) I can understand. I think this is a little too clumpy for me too.

      Delete
  7. It's weird how yellow it turns out on the nail - and too bad about the formula - but pretty it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yun, what a fun polish!!! I cannot remember anything similar except maybe Naild'it Unique Vegas Sands but more "character" than color wise if you know what I mean. Bummer regarding the formula, the idea would be great!! I moved from single office to open space some five or six years ago and while I was anything but thrilled I loved it from Day 1!!! - Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! I'm glad to hear your own office move to open space was a positive experience. I really like my own space, but I hope to grow to tolerate my new office too. :)
      Thanks, I'm glad you think this polish is fun!

      Delete
  9. Wow, this looks so fuzzy! Awesome. And sorry about losing your office - that would not be fun. Get your headphones and iPod ready, that's what my husband has to do now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea... losing the office is totally a bummer. Hopefully the new team room is tolerable. :(

      Delete
  10. Never heard of this brand before. What an interesting polish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh--that move sounds so sucky. :/ I did see these polishes at Walmart the other day and I was wondering what they would look like on the nails--they are gorgeous! A shame about the patchiness though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the move, it'll just take some getting used to ;) This looks like a fun polish but def needs a basecolor... I still think it's just crazy that Floam's gone mainstream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope the move turns out well too. :) I'm glad you think this is fun. I think a base would help a lot too. :)

      Delete
  13. this does look a little patchy but i think layering it would make it look a lot better. and i love this color combo!

    the painted ninja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you're liking this. I think it's a really fun color too. :)

      Delete
  14. Even if this one is a pain, it is worth it! Is is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...