Friday, January 11, 2013

Barielle Jillian's Jammin'

Happy Friday! :-) Today, I want to share with you my other pick from Barielle's recent holiday collection. Jillian's Jammin' is a medium blue with tons of duochrome blue/purple shimmers in a glass fleck finish.






The base blue color has a beautiful teal tint to it that is more visible on the nails than in the bottle. The duochrome in the shimmers isn't very strong, but you can definitely see the blue/purple shift around the edges of the nail. The formula is smooth and easy to apply, though more sheer than usual. It takes a while to build up to opacity. What you see in the swatches is three coats, and there are still some visible nail lines at that.

You can find Jillian's Jammin' on Barielle.com for $8 for 0.45 fl oz, though there is an ongoing sale for buy one get one 50% off; or as part of the Carnival Fiesta kit of five polishes for $25.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more information, please view my Disclosure Policy.

22 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! looks shimmery and squishy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all glass flecks and this is no exception! The duochrome and shimmer are very pretty. It's not a typical holiday colour though :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I think it's very pretty too. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. I love how this has kind of a watery effect. It seems more sheer than other aqua glassfleck polishes and that makes this one beautifully unique, to my eye ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you think so! I think the sheerness adds a lovely quality in this case, too. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. very beautiful! maybe over a black base?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *love* this colour! I don't love 3+ coats though!! I'd layer it if I owned it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I didn't think to layer it, so I will definitely have to try that out. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. Very pretty colour. Shame needs a few coats :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a winner for layering! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I didn't think of layering, but I will definitely have to try it out. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. I can't believe i didn't comment for so long :-(
    This is such a gorgeous color!! I just received a dupe of this one from my mother today ;-) I really love it and it looks AMAZING on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, dear! Life just gets so busy sometimes <3
      Isn't it beautiful?! I'm glad you like it :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...