Monday, January 28, 2013

OPI A Butterfly Moment

Happy Monday, you guys! :-)

I'm super excited to have the Mariah Carey by OPI Collection to share with you. It is an eight-color collection comprised of four 'studio' shades and four 'stage' shades. Starting off the collection, I have the first of the studio shades to show you today. A Butterfly Moment is a nude with hints of peach and pink and a good amount gold shimmers in a metallic finish.






The combination of the peach base color and the gold shimmers makes it look like liquid rose gold on the nails. The formula is thin and smooth, providing even and opaque coverage in just two coats. It starts out a little streaky, but it's not too noticeable once the polish is fully dry.

For me personally, this is a weird color against my skintone. It's almost like the two are really close, but not the same, so they look odd next to each other. Otherwise, I think this is a lovely, classic color, perfect if you're looking for a nude with a little something extra.

You can find A Butterfly Moment at your local nail salons and beauty stores for $9 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

25 comments:

  1. This is really lovely! I think it looks great on you actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how did they match your skintone so exactly?! Haha, yup it feels a little weird but not in a bad way. Maybe it's your ultimate palette cleanser? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm the consensus seems to be that it looks good on me. Perhaps I'll give it another try. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. It's your mannequin hands shade! It really looks gorgeous on you, Yun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think so? Hmmm the consensus seems to be that it's a good color on me. I've never been a fan of mannequin hands, but maybe I'll give this another try. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. I know you think it looks weird, but from the pictures it looks like a perfect match! Gorgeous! I'm wanting to own this one more and more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the consensus seems to be that it's a good color on me. I guess I'll have to give this another try. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. Definetly loving this one! It is really close to your skin tone but I actually think it looks quite beautiful on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you think so! That seems to be the consensus. I think I'll give this one another chance on me. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. I like how the color looks on your nails. Light pink shades sometimes can look very similar to the skin tone ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty color! I have yet to wear it, but I have a feeling this may be the next shade I try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad you like this! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. That's gorgeous! I love the peachy sheen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you think so! I love the sheen in this polish too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  9. That looks like a pretty good nude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a very pretty nude, but as you say not for all skin tones...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a gorgeous nude! I love the extra shimmer in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm a big fan of the shimmers in here too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  12. Hehehehe this polish makes me want to copy&paste mt comment from your next post ;-)
    It's beautiful. Even though it is very very similar to your skin tones it still looks great. But it's OPI... Can't like it. Nothing I can do to help it... i am sorry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think it works with my skin tone! Hehe... you and your OPI dislike. :P

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...