Thursday, January 17, 2013

Zoya Piaf

Hi you guys! Hope you're all hanging in there till the weekend, which is almost here. It always feels like the week days slowly crawl on by, but then the weekend is over in the blink of an eye, doesn't it?

Today, I've got one of the three shimmers from the Zoya Lovely Spring 2013 Collection to share with you. Piaf is a light sunshine yellow with tons of silver shimmers.







Piaf was originally released as part of the limited edition Zang Toi NYFW Spring 2013 trio last year. This is a tough color to describe. I think it has a bit of a mustard yellow hue to it, though without the saturation or heaviness that is usually associated with mustard yellow. The formula is a little thin and watery, so I did three for the swatches. It dries just a shade darker on the nails than what you see in the bottle. Of the six colors in the collection, this is probably the hardest color to wear. It's not terribly flattering on my skintone, but to be honest, that has never stopped me from wearing any colors before. :-)

You can find Piaf on Zoya.com for $8 for 0.5 fl oz. If you are new to Zoya, you can get your first two bottles of Zoya for $8 total and free shipping! More info HERE.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

24 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the shimmer in it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I love the shimmers in here too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. I'm wearing a similar yellow minus the shimmer, Julep Blake. So ready for the spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Blake is so pretty. Yep, I'm totally ready for spring colors and spring in general lol. I'm over winter. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. Pretty! I'm not a yellow fan but this is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting to see more swatches of this to decide if I want it or not yet..looks great on you but I can't tell how it'll look with my skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, yellows are so tricky. I feel like they and teals are probably the two most unpredictable colors on me, so I know what you mean. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. It's actually nice to have colours in the stash that are very different from the others. You never know when you need them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I like to branch out when I can. Sometimes I just want something a little different, so I reach for an unusual color in my stash. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. I usually don't like yellow, but this one looks sugar frosted with that intense shimmer! I might even think about wearing it! And that's a lot to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you like this! The shimmer in here is so pretty! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. I thought it was a pastel - but I was clearly wrong - it's nice and interesting, but still looks a little sheer after 3 coats, I think...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's still a little sheer, but I think that is the intended look. Also, pictures always magnify the sheerness; it's not obvious in person. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. I think it's pretty, though it's not my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm... I don't know yet. I think I need to see it a little more to decide if I love it or not...
    Something is bugging me, but I am not sure what it is...
    maybe I'll just get it and check in person ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Piaf is so unique! You don't see many yellow polishes and the slightly murky yet pastel tone, and the high shimmer make this one extra special. I like it and I think it looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It's definitely a unique color! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  11. ohh *wonders how will this look on me* need to find out! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yellow's so tricky, but I think you'll like this! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...