Monday, January 14, 2013

Zoya Jacqueline

Hi, you guys! Ugh, Mondays are the worst, aren't they? I think they are around so that we can truly appreciate the wonderfulness that is the weekend.

This week, I'm super duper excited to share with you the Zoya Lovely Spring 2013 Collection. Today, I'm kicking off with Jacqueline, a light buttercup yellow nude with a creme finish.







Jacqueline was originally released as part of the limited edition Peter Som NYFW 2013 Spring trio last year. In the bottle, this color looks quite nude, but the yellow tint really comes out once it's on the nails. While this is mostly a creme finish, it does have a tiny bit of pearly shimmer visible in the bottle, which translates to the smallest hint of a glow on the nails.

This is easy to apply, coming out in smooth and even coats and drying to a shiny finish. I did two coats for opaque coverage in the swatches, though a third coat wouldn't hurt to even out some minor patchy spots. Dry time is nice and quick, so you need not wait long between coats.

Zoya Jacqueline (left) vs. Zoya Cho (right)

The closest color to Jacqueline that I have in my stash is Zoya's Cho, so I did a quick comparison. As you can see, Cho is noticeably darker and more nude, while Jacqueline is softer and more yellow. They do share the same finish — creme with the slightest hint of pearly sheen.

You can find Jacqueline on Zoya.com for $8 for 0.5 fl oz. If you are new to Zoya, you can get your first two bottles of Zoya for $8 total and free shipping! More info HERE.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

36 comments:

  1. Love this one. Looks really cool nude polish shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqueline's gorgeous on you! I think it's such a pretty shade and I adore the description, but skintone definitely makes or breaks it. I can't wait to see it irl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it on me! I agree, this might be a tricky color depending on the skintone. It's usually that way with yellows. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. Looks great on you. I am a little nervous about what it will look like on me :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it on me! This might be a tricky color depending on skintone, but hopefully it works for you. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. This looks gorgeous! Great transition colour! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1 up for this one! It would make a great base for layering and a great "nude" / palette cleanser! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here comes pastel season: The season where I buy the least polishes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can understand. I think everyone has a set of colors they don't like. :P

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. So pretty! I can't wait to get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just swatched this yesterday! It was so creamy and awesome! :) Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I've never seen a colour like this before. Sorry for my absence Yun! I've missed seeing your beautiful swatches, and this colour is surprisingly stunning in all it's simplicity. Damn it, another lemming to kill! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is stunningly simple, isn't it? No worries, it's always great to see you around, but I know real life gets busy too. <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  10. Oooooh that's SO pretty!! I love how light is but it still stands out. Gorgeous lady!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacqueline is so pretty! wonderful shade ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was really surprised that Jacqueline is the polish I'm loving most in this collection! I really hope that it looks as good on me as it does on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love this! It's a very pretty shade. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  13. Oh this is so lovely - I really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love nudes! This one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. THere are quite a few colors I like in this collection-am trying so hard to be on a no buy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're liking this collection, though I totally understand about being on a no buy. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  16. this one is so nice!! i'm still on a fence whether i need it or not, I usually don't go for nudes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually not a nude person either, but there is enough yellow in this one for it to be bordering on a pastel. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  17. Oh wow!! This one I need!!! it's like a white with a twist. And that twist is saving it from being chalky or weird on the nails.
    I just love how it looks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awesome?! I think you would really like this one! :D

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...