Tuesday, January 29, 2013

OPI Pink Yet Lavender

Hi you guys! I've got another 'studio' shade from the Mariah Carey by OPI Collection to share with you today. Pink Yet Lavender is a glitter polish consisting of small silver holographic and medium pink hexagon glitter pieces in a sheer base.






In the swatches, I layered Pink Yet Lavender over A Butterfly Moment, and I really enjoy the combination. The sparkles add that extra zing while the nude base keeps it classy and understated.

The formula is quite dense with glitters and just a little thick, which keeps the glitters nicely suspended in the base. The small silver glitter pieces spread out evenly without any issues. The medium hex pieces are a little trickier (as is usual for bigger glitter pieces) and do best when the polish is dolloped on a bit and then smoothed out gently so as not to pull the pieces off the nails. What you see is one coat with a few strokes over each other to get even glitter coverage.

You can find Pink Yet Lavender at your local nail salons and beauty stores for $9 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

23 comments:

  1. That's a perfect match - looks so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this combo! A Butterfly Moment is so pretty on its own, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really loving this combination too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. This match is gorgeous together but since I don't like OPI, this polish doesn't excite me at all. I think Sea Lore - Alana has the same colors and is much much nicer polish ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I'm glad you're liking the combination at least! :P

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. Something about this name makes me chuckle. It is really pretty, though, and perfect over A Butterfly Moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! :D I think it's perfect over A Butterfly Moment too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. Wooooow !
    Amazing color !
    I love this glimmer its gives a stunning result <3

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I think it's fantastic too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. That's pretty! It reminds me a bit of some of the polishes from their Ballet collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It reminds me of Pirouette My Whistle too. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. This glitter is very similar to barry m rose quartz glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have Rose Quartz, but from swatches I've seen, they do look similar. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. That's pretty! I like that you layered it over a nude base. It's a little different from a "clubby" glitter look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It comes out softer layered over a nude than a bright color for sure. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...