Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Zoya Blu

Hi you guys! Happy middle of the week! :-)

Today, I have another soft and pretty polish to share with you from the Zoya Lovely Spring 2013 Collection. Blu is a light pastel blue with a creme finish, and it is my favorite color from the collection!







I can't get enough of this blue. It has a dreamy, delicate quality to it that I'm totally in love with. I've been searching for a baby blue with a good formula for some time, and I'm so happy to have found Blu. It applies smoothly and easily, drying quickly to a glossy shine. And two coats is all I needed for opacity. It's just a tad runny, so be sure to wipe off the brush well or you may get some pooling.

Zoya Blu (left) vs. Zoya Kristen (right)

I thought Blu might be similar to Zoya's Kristen, so I compared them side-by-side. As you can see, they are actually quite different. Kristen is darker and much more gray, while Blu is a pure light blue with no discernible gray tinge. I was pretty disappointed with how gray Kristen turned out to be, with barely a noticeable blue tint, so I'm really happy that Blu is exactly what I wanted.

You can find Blu on Zoya.com for $8 for 0.5 fl oz. If you are new to Zoya, you can get your first two bottles of Zoya for $8 total and free shipping! More info HERE.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

38 comments:

  1. Look at that blue!!! Absolutely gorgeous!! I wonder if its similar to Lime Crimes Once in a Blue Mousse? Beautiful swatches!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just beautiful?! I think so too! :-)
      I don't have Once in a Blue Mousse, but from swatches I've seen, Blue Mousse looks more aqua and a little darker than Blu.
      Thanks! <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. this is sooooo pretty. I love light blues :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I love seeing colors like that, it makes me excited for Spring to get here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I totally agree! I'm glad you like it! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. I just got Kristen so Ill prolly pass on blu but it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you! This is such a great, classy and delicate shade! Plus two coats is NIIIICE for such coverage! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you approve! It's such a pretty shade, and the formula's fantastic! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. SOOO PRETTY!!!! lol. I've never been into pastel blues, but something about this one jumped out at me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you're liking this! I'm actually not a huge pastel polish-wearer either, but light blue is a weakness of mine that has recently developed. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. I'm not into pastels (on myself, like them on others) but it is pretty! And although I think pastels are too light for me, I guess it would look ok on me since it does on you, and we have such similar coloring. :) So I'll try it if I ever want a pastel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give this a try, Sherri. I think you'll really like it. I'm not a huge pastel-polish wearer either, but this one surprised me with how nice it looks on me. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. You look fantastic in pastels for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man I seriously need some Zoya in my life - considering a trip to the US just to do a huge haul! I love this colour, and it looks amazing on you Yun, Eeee I'm so jelly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do need some Zoyas, for sure! Too bad they are so hard to get in Australia. :( Thanks so much, I'm totally loving this one too!

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  10. That's gorgeous! I'm not normally a "blue" person, but I could see myself wearing this a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing. And I'm sure the formula will be a million times better than Essie's Borrowed and Blue. I don't know, sometimes Essie formula is questionable! I absolutely need this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula's fantastic, for sure! I'm glad you like it! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  12. Pretty! And it looks superb on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh this is so pretty! Perfect for spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I think this is a pretty special color too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  14. I LOVE this one!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
    It might be a dupe for Illamasqua Caress but I still love this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad you love this! I don't have Caress, but the two seem close from swatches I've seen. However, you can never have too many baby blues, is my philosophy. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  15. Now this one... this one is already on my wish list!!! I'm just waiting for some Zoya promotion!! it looks FANTASTIC on you, Yun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It's soooo beautiful! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...