Sunday, January 27, 2013

China Glaze Shape Shifter

Happy weekend, lovely readers! :-)

I've got the last of my picks from the China Glaze Tranzitions Collection to share with you today. Shape Shifter is a dark charcoal gray metallic that transforms into a deep purple with top coat.





This is my favorite from the collection! The dark charcoal gray is so deep and mysterious, with a hint of purple around the edges of the nail. The formula is a little thinner than the others in the collection, but two coats is more than enough for opacity. It goes onto the nails smooth and even without any pooling or dragging. In terms of its interaction with a top coat, it has one of the better formulas. With the top coat, it isn't as streaky as some of the others, and the gray to purple shift is surprising and lovely.

The concept of transforming one color into another with top coat is interesting and definitely fun, but I'm not sure I'm totally sold on it. For one thing, if you are someone that prefers top coat with your manicure, then you would not be able to use these colors to their full potential. Also, if you are using these for nail art, you would have to put up with uneven nail surfaces where the art is, since you won't be able to seal in everything with top coat. However, it is still a lovely collection with some beautiful colors, both with and without topcoat.

Let me know what you think of this collection in the comments below. Will you be trying out the colors from this collection or do they not mesh with the way you do your manicures?

You can find Shape Shifter at your local nail salons and at beauty stores such as Ulta and Sally Beauty for a retail price of $7 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

22 comments:

  1. Well, I am totally not sold for this one! I don't think it's special... And you already know what I think about this color changing concept: meh. A mani is not a good mani if there's no top coat! And I actually prefer many of the colors on this collection before the top coat! :`( So I wish they will make the same colors with the regular formula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you prefer top coat, it could be hard to work around this collection, in particular if you like the without-top-coat color. Too bad because this collection has some beautiful colors.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. These polishes aren't mean for me, but I must admit that I love the colours of this one. The purple it transforms into is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the color of the transformation in this one! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. darker shade, it looks grey with out top coat , why didn't turn in a darker shade of grey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe good question. There is a small hint of purple in the gray without top coat, but I'm not sure why that is picked up by the top coat.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. I love tranzitions !
    They're so nice <3!

    xxx
    Great design !

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such a cool concept but I don't know that my ocd side could not put topcoat on something, lol. The steely grey with the dark purple is kind of a cool duo, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the two versions of this color. The collection's definitely an interesting idea, but it can be hard to work with it if you always use topcoat for your manis.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. You made that look nice :) Though I've read so many bad and disappointed reviews about these that I think I'm gonna pass on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really interesting shift - looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not sure if I like this collection at all, but just in case - I picked this one. It's my favorite too ;-)
    And I like your mani design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you like this one! :D
      Thanks, I just randomly did a design to show what the top coat looks like on a whole nail and then on some nail art. I'm actually quite embarrassed that I'm not very creative or good with nail art, but I'm glad you like it. <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  9. I've seen swatches of all the shades in this collection and this one is my favorite too! Mostly because you can actually see a difference between the base and the second color. And OMG the second color is GORGEOUS!! But I'm definitely not sold on the transitioning nail polish, either. Can't quite fall in love with it, same thing happened with the magnetic polishes too lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you really like this one too! The two colors are so pretty! :-)
      I was never very much into magnetic polishes either.

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...