Thursday, January 10, 2013

Barielle Wanna Samba?

Hai hai! *waves* :-)

A while ago, Barielle came out with a set of five new colors to celebrate the holidays, and I wanted to share with you my picks from this beautiful collection. Today, I have Wanna Samba? to show you. It is a duochrome gray/purple polish with a metallic finish.






Isn't this color beautiful?! The duochrome is so strong in this. It looks to be a gray base with green/teal shimmers in it. Then as you tilt your hand, you will see the purple duochrome move in from the edges. The more you tilt your hand, the more purple you will see. The formula is fantastic. It's two smooth coats for opacity. And even though this is a metallic, it isn't too streaky once it's dry.

You can find Wanna Samba? on Barielle.com for $8 for 0.45 fl oz, though there is an ongoing sale for buy one get one 50% off; or as part of the Carnival Fiesta kit of five polishes for $25.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more information, please view my Disclosure Policy.

22 comments:

  1. How does it compare to Zoya's Ki? Do you have a sense of that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't personally have Ki, but from swatches I have seen, they come from a similar inspiration, but are quite different. The purple in Wanna Samba is a lighter, pinkish purple, whereas Ki's purple is a darker eggplant purple. Also, looking at Wanna Samba straight on, the main color is gray, and the edges/tilt is purple. From swatches I have seen of Ki, it looks to be reversed, with the main color being purple, and the edges/tilt being gray. Hope that helps. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah! It looks gorgeous! I love such strong duochrome effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I'm a big fan of this too. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. ooooh so pretty!!!!! I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, the comment window was gone, now it's back LOL
    It's a very interesting color, mysterious....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe the comment window is wonky sometimes lol.
      Ooh I like that -- mysterious -- it's a good word to describe this. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. Oooo, this is really pretty <3 I love duochromes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year. I'm back :) Love this duochrome shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back! :D
      Thanks, I'm glad you like this! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. I love the grey/purple shift in this, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really great looking duochrome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that duochrome was a pleasant surprise! I thought it was going to be a plain dark grey frost but I love that purple flash :) The lack of streaking is an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great color overall. I'm glad you like it! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  10. So pretty! Stunning swatch Yun, I love the shift in this, and congratulations to you for being able to capture it on camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julz, I"m glad you like it. I was happy with the way these swatches turned out too. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  11. Cool shade! It reminds me a bit of OPI Not Like the Movies but more grey and darker :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't seen this one before--looks like it has a great shift!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...