Monday, January 21, 2013

Zoya PixieDust Collection Preview

Matte textured polish is so popular this season, and Zoya's joining the party with their own collection of six sparkly shades. I think most of you have heard of Zoya's new PixieDust Collection by now, but in case you haven't, here is the official information. :-)

I'll link to swatches and reviews once I have those up. (All info and images are courtesy of Zoya.)

Zoya PixieDust
Infused with Magic and Wonder!

Featuring the latest “must-have” nail polish finish – Textured, Matte & Sparkling.
This newly developed formula is sure to captivate with a magical sparkle and sugary finish like no other. The color experts at Zoya have created six, long-wearing stunners for the introduction of this look...


Zoya PIXIE DUST - special edition
Dahlia (ZP656) - Black Beauty sparkle, exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula.
Chyna (ZP657) - Red Dazzle sparkle, exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula.
Godiva (ZP658) - Soft Nude sparkle, exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula.
Vespa (ZP659) - Mint Kiss sparkle, exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula.
Nyx (ZP660) - Perfect Periwinkle sparkle, exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula.
London (ZP661) - Fog Gray sparkle, exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula.

Shipping January 15, 2013
Zoya PixieDust$9 (US)

Instructions for Zoya PixieDust application:
-       Clean and prep nail using Zoya Remove +
-       Magic Time! Apply 1 thin coat of Zoya PixieDust to each nail - allow to dry completely (will appear matte with sparkle).
-       Apply an 1-2 coats of polish (allowing each to dry) as desired. We suggest 2-3 thin coats of Zoya PixieDust for a full coverage manicure.
-       That’s it - Done! You now have the latest textured nail look in the famous long-wearing, Big5Free Zoya PixieDust Nail Polish formula!

NOTE: Zoya PixieDust Nail Polish dry times are a little slower than with traditional polish but once dry, the Zoya PixieDust formulation will provide extended wear.

Best results are achieved by using the product alone. No basecoat or topcoat required. Layering of the Zoya PixieDust formulation with other polishes may produce less than desirable results.

RemoveZoya PixieDust by saturating a cotton pad in Zoya Remove + and pressing to nail for a few seconds. Repeat on each nail for best results

18 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings regarding textures / sand polishes, really. I think the matte (or genuine) look is absolutely gritty and not visually interesting. On the other hand, some of them with top coat look amazing. I should try then, I guess? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I'm not sure how I feel about these yet either. I'll have to wait until I try them out to decide. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with Mati above!
    But unlike the Opi, the Zoya's do make me wanna give them a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree too. It could be weird or it could be beautiful. I'm looking forward to trying these out. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. I don't this kind of surface on polishes. But I want to see swatches of them with topcoat on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people feel the same way and will probably wear textured polish with top coat on.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. I think the black and the red look pretty interesting. I'm willing to give both a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like some of them. I think I'm most looking forward to the blue and green ones, but I'm really excited to try all of them. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. They all look amazing. Do you think they are similar to the opi sand formula ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! :)
      I think they are similar, but I can't say for sure until I actually try the Zoyas.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. The red one looks pretty sweet with a topcoat :) I may pick one up just for fun, just to have a token of the trend polish of 2013, lol. I agree with Jin, these speak to me a lot more than the OPIs do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're liking the red one! I'm most looking forward to trying the blue and green ones, but really all of them look interesting. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. Hmmm...I'm not 100% sold on the texture trend yet, but these are intriguing! I can't wait to see swatches (and in the meantime some of the OPI liquid sands are begging me to try them...) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I feel the same way. I'm really looking forward to trying these and then seeing how I feel. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! I'm looking forward to trying them too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love the Pixie Dusts. Or rather, the one I own (Godiva). It really looks like sugar sprinkled nails and I actually like the feel of them. They're not extremely gritty like I feared they would be. I actually had planned to wear it with topcoat, but then didn't because I liked the effect so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the Pixie Dusts. Zoya was hinting on their facebook page that there are more on the way for summer. :-) I finally got this collection yesterday, and I'm looking forward to trying them out!

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...